This is a DRAFTING & DESIGN work placement opportunity. Connex Group is a multidisciplinary company providing Engineering Design Consultancy and a specialist workshop fabrication modelling service. Drafting and design are an essential part of the industrial engineering workflow. This placement will give the student a good overall view of the industry requirements and the skills that are used by a draftsperson in this busy sector.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry-specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will spend time with a team who complete drafting and design work for Connex. Students will have the opportunity to use industry specific software and experience working in a professional engineering environment. They will have the opportunity to meet other workers, learn different aspects of the business and ask plenty of questions.
Students need to have an interest in graphic design, visual arts or industrial design. A good eye for detail and basic literacy/numeracy skills will be an advantage. An OHS Construction Induction Card will be required for students to be able to go out on building sites.
Smart casual. A hi-visibility top and protective footwear (steel-capped workboots) are required to visit all areas of the business.
Special Transport Requirements
Students will need to provide their own transport. Public transport options may be available.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22470VIC - Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- CPC20112 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20120 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20211 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CPC20220 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CUA20215 - Certificate II in Creative Industries
- CUA20715 - Certificate II in Visual Arts
- CUA30715 - Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- CUA31115 - Certificate III in Visual Arts
- ICP31420 - Certificate III in Prepress Graphic Design Production
- MEM20105 - Certificate II in Engineering
- MEM20219 - Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology
- MEM20413 - Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- RII20715 - Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII20720 - Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII30815 - Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30820 - Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30915 - Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII30919 - Certificate III in Civil Construction
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies