Assistant Surveyor / Town Planner
Chris Smith & Associates
SURVEYORS play a key role in town planning, taking in a range of environmental factors and scientific data. Students will be exposed to the various tasks a surveyor and related professionals perform on a day-to-day basis. They will use industry-specific software, tools and learn about the skills and qualifications they will need to attain a job like this in the future.
Skills You Might Learn
Students can attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will learn how to use relevant software, make technical drawings and use a range of data to conduct surveys in the locality. They may also accompany professional planners to various sites as projects are planned.
This placement would suit students who are studying and/or have an interest in town planning, civil construction, environmental studies and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
Office attire or smart casual. In warm weather a hat is recommended.
Special Transport Requirements
Central Shepparton location, public transport options available. Some flexibility is available for students with transport difficulties.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22470VIC - Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- AHC21616 - Certificate II in Landscaping
- AHC30916 - Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- CPC20112 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20120 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20211 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CPC20220 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- MEM20105 - Certificate II in Engineering
- MEM20219 - Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology
- MEM20413 - Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- RII20715 - Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII20720 - Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII30915 - Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII30919 - Certificate III in Civil Construction
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies