John Crawford Painting Pty Ltd
John Crawford Painting has been operating throughout Victoria since 1980. In addition to residential and commercial painting jobs, the company also specialises in Road and Factory line marking, making it a unique opportunity. Students will be able to jump right in and learn first-hand what the painting trade has to offer. Prior knowledge of painting or the construction industry is not necessary – if you have an eye for detail, take pride in your work and enjoy team environments then this could be the opportunity for you.
Skills You Might Learn
Students can attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The placement student will perform general painting duties and provide support to other members of the team on commercial, industrial and residential job sites. The student undertaking this placement will be able to learn the techniques and processes of the painting trade, as well as the experience of working with professional tradies in their environment.
All students are invited to try this painting placement. An understanding of work safety is essential. Students without a White Card cannot attend placement on a construction site but may still be able to gain experience on private painting jobs.
Trade attire or casual clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on. Safety shoes are recommended.
Special Transport Requirements
Central Shep location, public transport options may be available depending on where contracts are located.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- CPC20211 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CPC20220 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies