Dunkeld Pastoral Co
Dunkeld Pastoral C Pty Ltd is a multifaceted organisation encompassing a number of business units across a variety of industries throughout the Dunkeld shire. These cover from farming and agriculture, conservation management, horticulture and hospitality. A opportunity exists for a structured work placement position in Horticulture.
Skills You Might Learn
Gain an introduction to the conservation and its key role in agricultural production systems. Learn how to operate basic tools applicable to the industry.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The placement opportunity is to work in the conservation team.
• Assist in the management and maintenance of capital animals, including endangered species.
• Participate in large scale site regeneration including BushBroker, biodiversity, covenant land and wetlands.
• Participate in surveys and monitoring programs
• Planting of shelterbelts for windbreaks and shade
• Maintenance of walking tracks and related infrastructure
- A keen interest in conservation - Willingness to learn – Punctuality – Physically fit
Outdoor work wear, protective footwear, gloves and hat, wet weather gear,
Special Transport Requirements
Must be able to organise own transport to and from Dunkeld Travel Arrangement form to be signed prior to commencement of placement as travel to work sites with Conservation team will be required.