If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific details of the student work placement- email@example.com 0r 5352 3266. Located in Pomonal (ten minutes from Halls Gap) Pomonal Estate is nestled alongside the Grampians National Park in Victoria, Australia. Owner/Operators Adam & Pep pride themselves on supporting locals and local producers from supplying local food for the seasonal menu, having local produce for sale, displaying and selling local artworks, supporting musicians with live performances and employing locals to be part of our wonderful and ever–growing team. Pomonal Estate has become a popular place for locals and tourists alike, offering a wide range of experiences including winery tours, Mt Cassel Villa Luxury Accommodation and a picturesque place to eat at the indoor and outdoor seated restaurant where people can relax, enjoy catching up with friends and family and enjoy some time out.
From 2014, Pep and Adam were given the opportunity to build their dream and established Pomonal Estate. Since bringing their dream to life, this beautiful winery has become a very popular venue for hosting weddings, birthday parties and live music shows.
This opportunity for a student to join the team for workplace learning as a Kitchen Hand to experience of a broad range of skills to apply to a career in hospitality. The experience will include hands on work in the kitchen and restaurant dining. Previous workplace learning at Pomonal Estate has resulted in successful ongoing employment for students and Pep and Adam are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic and motivated to be successful in their placement.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Effective communication.
- Problem solving.
- Initiative and enterprise.
- Planning and organising.
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients, and suppliers.
Students may attain vital industry specific skills which will also relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience.
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments.
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will assist trained staff in performing duties, students receiving high level supervision. Kitchen Hand tasks and duties may include food preparation, serving up meals, garnish preparation, cleaning dishes and other kitchen duties. Students will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Assisting trained staff with related food service and the sourcing, preparation and presentation of dishes.
- Engaging with customers as advised by Pomonal Estate staff.
- Completing all cleaning, preparation and opening and closing tasks as assigned by Pomonal Estate staff.
- Students may undertake tasks and typical duties only if they are completing a relevant VET qualification and the structured workplace learning will allow them to obtain or further develop the skills and knowledge outlined in a relevant unit of competency within the qualification.
Students are permitted to learn how to use plant or equipment only if they are explicitly required in the performance criteria or assessment requirements of a unit of competency the student is undertaking as part of a VET qualification. The following requirements must be met:
- Students must have completed the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) module in Work Related Skills or the OH&S module in the relevant VET course.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions carefully and competently.
- Punctuality is important and any planned or unplanned absences must be reported to both the workplace supervisor and the careers teacher.
- Students should only undertake this SWL placement if they are motivated and willing to actively participate in tasks and duties that will enhance their employability skills.
- Students are to complete any applicable relevant course work and/or Workplace Learning Record entries as outlined in the SWL Arrangement.
- Students must display a reliable nature and be willing to develop the capabilities of a Kitchen Hand.
- Students must be respectful of their peers and workmates.
- Students must be presented well, hair tied back, no nail polish and mobile phones are only to be used on meal breaks or out of work hours.
Please discuss uniform requirements with the employer at the preplacement interview. Students will be expected to wear neat casual dress appropriate for the workplace, sturdy closed in toe and heal shoes are essential. Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied by the employer for tasks involving cleaning and maintenance activities.
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace. If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form. If transport is presenting a problem, please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20120 - Certificate II in Workplace Skills
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 - Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT30916 - Certificate III in Catering Operations
- VCE0000001 - VCE (including VCE Vocational Major)
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise