PC Australia is making available t work placement opportunities for five students willing to learn tech support. PC Australia have been in operation since 1996. They provide assistance to home and business users. They come to you so that you don't have to lug your system back and forth making it easy and convenient for yourself. Whatever the issue may be, they are here to provide support in an ongoing manner whilst substituting all of the 'techy' talk into a more friendly language for better understanding. If they are fixing your system and you learn something out of it then they' re all for it.
Skills You Might Learn
The students would learn to work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment. They would also:
- Install and optimise operating system software
- Run standard diagnostic tests
- Operate application software packages
- Connect internal hardware components
- Care for computer hardware
- Provide basic system administration.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical daily tasks and duties will include the following:
- refurbish the laptops
- windows reload
- fault tracing
Learn the basics involved in a retail and ICT support role in computers . Troubleshoot and provide support to customers, hands-on experience with ICT, hardware and software in this locally owned business. Customer service , troubleshooting, cleaning, stocking shelves, team work, communication and customer enquiries.
Willingness to learn and have an interest in information technology. Must be motivated, well organised and have good communication skills.
Neat casual clothing with closed shoes.
Special Transport Requirements
Walking distance to train
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- ICT20115 - Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- ICT20315 - Certificate II in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT30115 - Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology