Child care worker
Ararat Early Learning Centre
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific details of the student work placement- firstname.lastname@example.org or 5352 3266. An opportunity exists for a interested student studying Early Childhood Education and Care to be part of their team as a Childcare Assistant. Established in 2014 and locally owned and operated, Ararat Early Learning Centre provides long day care for children from 6 weeks to school age and offers 3 & 4 year old kindergarten programs. Ararat Early Learning Centre has its own onsite kitchen providing children with home cooked nutritionally balanced menu as well as a nurturing place for children to explore, discover and grow. If you are motivated and enthusiastic about the profession of Early Years Education and Care, please talk to your careers teacher about how to apply for the opportunity.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills attained will include the following;
- Importance of teamwork.
- Time management and punctuality.
- Communication skills in the workplace.
- Experience and familiarity with the general care and education of children.
- Exposure to kindergarten and long day care service activities in a professional environment.
- Broader understanding of what an Educator's role involves on a day-to-day basis.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Assisting Teachers and Educators with planned activities and experiences, setting education learning spaces in both the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Engaging with children and parent/guardians as instructed by the Teacher in charge.
- Completing all related cleaning, set up and pack away tasks as assigned by the Teacher and Educators.
Students are required to demonstrate a cheerful outlook towards Early Years Education and Care. Students are encouraged to consider a SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS or VCAL subject in Community Services and/or Early Childhood Education and Care.
The following requirements must be met;
- A Working With Children's Check card is a requirement, please contact the employer for details on how to apply.
- Students are required to have a keen interest in Early Years Education.
- Students are required to have completed the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) module in WRS VCAL or else have begun the OH&S module in the relevant VETDSS course.
- Students must adhere to strict Privacy and Confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Students must be able to spend extended periods on their feet and interact with children at a child's level.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions, policies and program plans.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work as a productive team member, this includes notifying the work place supervisor of any planned or unplanned absence.
- Students must be completing a related subject or have displayed an interest in the area Early Years Education and Care.
- Students must display great initiative to complete tasks and follow Program Plans.
- Personal mobile phones are not required and should only be used out of work hours or on meal breaks.
- Privacy and Confidentiality policy clauses prevent personal mobile phones usage while interacting with children and Ararat Early Learning Centre staff or volunteers.
Students undertaking a Childcare placement with Ararat Early Learning will be required to wear neat casual clothing as appropriate for a Childcare Centre. Appropriate PPE must be worn in accordance with WHS policy and procedure.
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace. If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form.
If transport is presenting a problem please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies