Bakers Delight is Australia’s leading bakery franchise, with a vast network of bakeries in many communities across the country. We value our staff and customers and work hard to provide a delightful experience to everyone we meet.
We have a delightful opportunity available now for a hardworking and enthusiastic young person looking for an apprenticeship in baking or SWL Experience to join our team at Bakers Delight.
If you are someone who loves to work with their hands, to earn a crust while they learn and to do a job you love, then you are exactly the type of person we want at Bakers Delight!
If you want to join our nationally recognised brand and achieve this important trade qualification with long term employment opportunities, share the opportunity with your teacher and we can arrange to meet up! Check us out on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmHCpvBQU4
SWL opportunities are a pathway into the baking industry, SBAT (Head Start preferred) and employment opportunities may be offered.
Skills You Might Learn
The successful undertaking of these structure workplace learning, or school-based apprenticeships should lead the successful applicants into full time career positions. Future development opportunities may also become available via the Bakers Delight “Manage to Own” program, where you can be trained in how to run a business.
Typical Tasks & Duties
At Bakers Delight, our Apprentice Bakers are responsible for:
• Baking and presenting quality product to meet changing customer needs
• Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the bakery
• Providing delightful customer service when required
• Assisting with stock control and production expenses
• Any specific requirements & Attendance - days and times
STUDENTS MUST APPLY THROUGH THE SWL PORTAL . INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED To be considered for this ‘roll’, you will need to:
• Have a passion for baking
• Be willing to enter into an apprenticeship, or demonstrate the desire to want a career path with Bakers Delight
• Be a morning person! Some shifts commence early although working hours will be flexible to support your school timetable
• Have a positive attitude, love working in a team environment and learning new skills
• Be prepared to work hard and love getting your hands dirty
• Have basic literacy and numeracy skills
Unforms will be supplied and provide to the candidate and discussed at in the interview process along with first day instructions
Special Transport Requirements
see attached map
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- FBP20217 - Certificate II in Baking
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality