Jazpat Commercial Interiors
A placement opportunity exists for an enthusiastic student to work as a handyman assistant with JAZPAT Commercial Interiors. JAZPAT Interiors manufacture and supply a wide range of products. Our staff are experienced designers and use technology to enhance space to reflect your personality. JAZPAT Interiors specialise in highly detailed, custom made roller blinds, curtains, roller shutters, Roman blinds, Venetian, outdoor alfresco blinds and much more. We deliver solutions that perfectly match the needs of our customers across various sectors, including workplace, retail, hospitality, health care and residential.
JAZPAT Interiors recognise that when it comes to commercial projects, timing is everything. Our consultative approach, paired with our in-depth knowledge of local resources, gives us the manufacturing capabilities, high degree of control over timelines, and the ability to deliver orders with desired outcomes on time. We offer a streamlined approach to custom joinery without limiting us to any particular method or material.
Skills You Might Learn
- the student will gain a comprehensive introduction to the industry
- learn how to use hand tools and levels
- develop the knowledge required to construct, install and repair interior and exterior blinds and awnings
- learn how to make curtains / blinds to a very high standard.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be required initially to assist staff with packing and unpacking, inserting chains on blind mechanisms and cut aluminium, using a drop saw. Once they master these tasks they would be asked to assemble roller blinds and when they reach an advance level of competency they will be given the opportunity to cut materials for the blinds.
The student is expected to:
- be punctual, polite, enthusiastic and well organised
- able to follow instructions
- pay attention to detail and good time management skills
- possess problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- good teamwork and communication skills
- ask questions when needed to ensure understanding
- maintain safe practice at all times.
Neat casual, closed toe shoes.
Special Transport Requirements
Please refer to www.ptv.vic.gov.au to plan your route.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- MSF31018 - Certificate III in Interior Decoration Retail Services