Allied health assistant
Sunraysia Community Health Services
Do you have a keen interest in Allied Health?
A great opportunity is available at the Sunraysia Community Health Services in the Allied Health department to complete a structured workplace learning placement with qualified experienced industry staff in all aspects of the Allied Health industry.
Students will experience a broad range of Allied Health including, Physio, Speech, Dietary, OT, Aquatic Physio, Tia Chi, Active Lorikeets, Walking Group, Kitchen Garden, Falls & Balance, Infant Group, Nordic Walking, Gym Group, reading and administration during the week-long placement. SCHS is a dynamic organisation which emphasises the promotion of health, wellbeing and independence in a social model of health. Sounds like a pretty good employer to have on your resume doesn’t it?
Make SCHS the SWL placement for you.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will assist Allied Health staff in a broad range of industry programs delivered by Sunraysia Community Health Services Allied Health department.
Students tasks will range from some of the following:
- Communicating with patients and health professionals
- Working in a Health Environment
- Assisting with planned activities
- Help patients complete activities
- General cleaning
- Tidying up
- Set up and pack up of equipment
- Showing clients how to complete activities
- And other tasks as required
Prior to the interview with the host employer, students are required to review the businesses web page and learn some background information on the organisation and what it is they do.
Whilst the students are attending a work placement they are expected to:
Maintain interest and participate in work duties
Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner
Follow management instructions
Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements
Work within the team
Listen and take advice from fellow workers
Participate in business activities as required
Respect other people’s belongings
Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference
Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course
Take their Log Book to the work placement every day
Clothes: Neat, professional clothes to be worn (ie as if you were going to work.) Denim, leggings, torn clothing, inappropriate slogans etc are not acceptable
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to check bus transport availability and or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- HLT32412 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance