TARGET FRANKSTON - TERM 3 PLACEMENTS
Attention students studying Business or looking for a career in Retail – is this the ideal placement for you!
This is a great placement opportunity as it will give you a broad range of experiences across different aspects of this large retail business. You will be part of a supportive, inclusive organisation and exposed to all sorts of roles and business areas - who knows where this placement can take you!
Students will gain hands-on experience across all/many aspects of the business. This placement will provide you with a range of opportunities to develop your skills while working alongside experienced industry professionals.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may attain vital industry specific skills which will also relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
During your placement, you may undertake the following:
- Replenish point of sale areas ie: bags, register rolls, stationery.
- Dust shelving, fixtures and stock.
- Assist with packaging of purchased items.
- Refill floor stock and face-up or move stock forward, size merchandise and ensure hangers face the same way.
- Liaise with other staff and customers
- Learn the functions of a retail business
- Answer phones, operate computer
- Re-order stock
- Operate retail technology - POS, pricing equipment, scanners, EFTPOS.
- Learn retail procedures for EFTPOS, laybys, gift vouchers, refunds.
Some employers have specific requirements relating to student placements. These may include sending in a resume, sighting a current Working with Children Check (WWC), gaining parental permission for the student to travel with employer or attending an OH&S induction prior to commencing a placement. At interview please discuss with the employer start date & time, dates and any other additional requirements. Please ensure that the SWL arrangement form is signed and completed by all parties and a copy provided to the employer before the placement starts.
Please contact FMPLLEN or employer for details relating to specific dress requirements prior to the placement commencement date.
Another good idea is to look at the people at the workplace during your interview – observe what they are wearing and use this as a guide for how you should dress when you attend your placement.
Special Transport Requirements
Close to Public Transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20112 - Certificate II in Business