SUNRAYSIA MURRAY GROUP TRAINING
Do you have a keen interest in the Business Services industry and in particular Business Administration? If so, SMGT will give you a great opportunity to gain experience in Business Administration.
This is an ideal placement for a student currently studying a VETDSS subject in Business to gain skills with the leading Group Training Organsiation in the Mildura and surrounding area.
Sounds like a pretty good employer to have on your resume doesn't it? Make SMGT your next phone call to find out more.
Skills You Might Learn
The student may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable employability skills such as:
• Problem solving.
• Money handling.
• Follow instructions.
• Work under supervision.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The student may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their secondary school studies they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in real-life scenarios.
• Working with equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, industry personnel, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will undertake duties as part of a professional and hardworking team in the administration area. The student will be responsible for customer client contact and usually is the first ‘point of call’. This may require general feedback to an inquiry regarding the services provided. The student will also complete basic administration duties as instructed. The student will work under direct supervision of the Administration Officer in charge.
Administration tasks include;
• Contribute to health and safety of self and others.
• Deliver a service to customers.
• Work effectively in a business environment.
• Process and maintain workplace information.
• Handle mail.
• Communicate in the workplace.
• Produce simple word processed documents.
• Create and use spreadsheets.
• Communicate electronically.
• Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices.
• Organise and complete daily work activities.
• Process financial transactions including money handling and extract interim reports.
• Industry visits in the employment & training industry under supervision.
Students with a positive attitude towards Business Services and in particular Business Administration with a keen eye for detail and are self-motivated, willing to listen and follow instruction are encouraged to consider a future SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS subject in Business.
Whilst the student is attending the work placement they are expected to:
• Dress appropriately.
• Maintain interest and participate in tasks and work duties.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Work within the team.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Respect other people’s belongings.
• Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference.
• Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course.
• Take their Log Book to the work placement every day.
The student must be well presented and groomed.
• Flat, non-slip, enclosed work shoes.
• Neat professional dress.
KMART Mildura is a supplier of appropriate Business Administration worksite clothing.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to check bus transport availability and or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
Buslink Sunraysia: Ph: 5023 0274, Website: http://buslink.com.au/your-bus-service/mildura/
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business