Food and beverage attendant
Robinvale Golf Club
Do you have a keen interest in the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Industry and in particular Hospitality Operations as a Food and Beverage Attendant/Catering Assistant in Front of House at a modern bistro?
If so, Robinvale Golf Club will give you a great opportunity to gain experience as a Front of House Food and Beverage Attendant/Catering Assistant, working with the skilled Hospitality Operations team at the bistro.
This is an ideal placement for a student currently studying a VETDSS subject in Hospitality Operations Studies to gain skills with a well reputed bistro in the Robinvale area.
Sounds like a pretty good employer to have on your resume doesn't it? Make
Robinvale Golf Club your next phone call to find out more.
Skills You Might Learn
The student may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable employability skills such as:
• Problem solving.
• Follow instructions.
• Work under supervision.
• Money handling.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The student may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their secondary school studies they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in real-life scenarios.
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, industry personnel, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
As a Food and Beverage/Catering Assistant you will undertake duties as part of a hard working team in the Front of House. The student will be responsible for taking bookings, setting tables to booking schedule, seating guests as they arrive, food service as per bistro service process, replenishment of self service area and prepare and serve espresso coffee. The student will also complete general cleaning duties of tables and bistro area before, during and after service. Polishing cutlery as required. The student will complete kitchen duties including food handling and dishwashing as instructed. Be physically fit and be capable of working on their feet. The student will work under direct supervision of the Bistro Supervisor in charge.
The student may undertake the following tasks and duties;
• Work effectively with others.
• Source and use information on the hospitality industry.
• Use hospitality skills effectively.
• Interact with customers.
• Show social and cultural sensitivity.
• Participate in safe work practices.
• Use hygienic practices for food safety.
• Package prepared foodstuffs.
• Serve food and beverage.
• Clean kitchen premises and equipment.
• Receive and store stock.
• Transport and store food.
Students with a positive attitude towards Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Industry and in particular Front of House Food and Beverage service with a keen eye for detail and are self-motivated, willing to listen and follow instruction are encouraged to consider a future SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS subject in Hospitality Studies.
Whilst the students is attending the work placement they are expected to:
• Dress appropriately.
• Maintain interest and participate in tasks and work duties.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Work within the team.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Respect other people’s belongings.
• Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference.
• Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course.
• Take their Log Book to the work placement every day.
• The student must have obtained a Food Handlers Accreditation.
The student must be well presented and groomed as Front of House staff work in full view of customers.
• Flat, non-slip, enclosed work shoes.
• Dark polo top and long pants.
• Long hair must be tied back, nails must be kept short and clean.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks and duties carried out by the student, will be supplied by the Host Employer.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to check public transport availability and or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 - Certificate II in Kitchen Operations