Food and beverage attendant
Do you have a keen interest in Hospitality: Front of House Operations and want to learn more? Are you studying Hospitality: Operations as part of your VETDSS subject?
A great opportunity exists for a student currently studying a VETDSS subject in Hospitality: Operations to gain skills as a Café Food and Beverage Service Attendant at Hudaks Bakery Cafe, a leading bakery café in the Mildura region.
Sounds like a pretty good employer to have on your resume doesn't it? Make Hudaks Bakery Café your next phone call to find out more.
Skills You Might Learn
The student may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable employability skills such as:
• Problem solving.
• Money handling.
• Multi task.
• Follow instructions.
• Work under supervision.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The student may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their secondary school studies they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in real-life scenarios.
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, industry personnel, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be part of a hard working team in the bakery café front of house service area. The student will be responsible for greeting guests as they arrive, taking orders at the service counter, food service as per bakery cafe service process and replenishment of self service area. The student will also complete general cleaning duties of service counter, dining tables and all cafe areas before, during and after service. Polishing glassware and cutlery as required. The student will complete kitchen duties including food handling and dishwashing as instructed. Be physically fit and be capable of working on their feet. The student will work under direct supervision of the Bakery Cafe Supervisor in charge.
Students with a positive attitude towards Hospitality: Front of House Operations as a Café Food and Beverage Service Attendant, with a keen eye for detail and are self-motivated, have a consistent and good work ethic, willing to listen and follow instructions are encouraged to consider a SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS subject in Hospitality: Operations.
Whilst the student is attending the work placement they are expected to:
• Student must be interested in Front of House Operations in the Hospitality industry.
• Student must be willing to spend periods of time observing and to undertake necessary tasks as requested.
• Dress appropriately.
• Maintain interest and participate in tasks and work duties.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Have good communication skills.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Work within the team.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Respect other people’s belongings.
• Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference.
• Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course.
• Take their Log Book to the work placement every day.
Please Note: It is desirable for the applicant to have obtained a Food Handlers Accreditation.
The student must be well presented as front of house staff work in full view of customers.
• Flat, non-slip, enclosed black work shoes.
• Black pants.
• Black enclosed shirt with collar.
• Long hair must be tied back, nails must be kept short and clean.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks and duties carried out by the student, will be supplied by the Host Employer.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to check bus transport availability and or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
Buslink Sunraysia: Ph: 5023 0274, Website: http://buslink.com.au/your-bus-service/mildura/
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality