Christie Centre Inc.
SWL Opportunity Placement: Administration Assistant at the Christie Centre Inc.
SWL Placement Locations:
Christie Centre Head Office 115 - 117 Twelfth Street, Mildura.
Life Skills Office 110 Pine Avenue, Mildura.
The Christie Centre has been a major provider of services in the region for people with a disability since 1954. It is a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of disability services for our community. Christie Centre Inc. vision is “Supporting people to have meaningful lives in their community”. Christie Centre Inc. seeks to fulfil this vision by offering a diverse and relevant range of programs and services. Christie Centre Inc. values demonstrate open and honest communication, team work and collaboration, respect, accountability and building strong relationships.
Do you aspire to work in Business as an Administration Assistant in the Health and Community Services Industry? The Christie Centre may have the right opportunity for you.
This opportunity is for a student to gain structured workplace learning as an Administration Assistant in a supportive team. This is an ideal placement for a student currently studying a VETDSS subject in Business or Business Administration to gain skills at a leading Disability Support Service organisation in the Mildura area.
Sounds like a pretty good employer to have on your resume doesn't it? Make the Christie Centre Inc. your next phone call to find out more.
Skills You Might Learn
The student may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable employability skills such as:
• Problem solving.
• Follow instructions.
• Work under supervision.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The student may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their secondary school studies they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in real-life scenarios.
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, industry personnel, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
As an Administration Assistant at the Christie Centre Inc., you would perform a range of routine duties in an office environment.
Tasks and Duties may include:
• Maintain an orderly office filing system.
• Answer phone enquiries.
• Typing and distribution of general letters.
• Operate and assist others with office equipment.
• Collect and distribute mail.
• Communicate in the workplace.
• Produce simple word processed documents.
• Create and use spreadsheets.
• Communicate electronically.
• Processing payments via cash, cheque and eftpos.
• Organise and complete daily work activities.
• Maintain adequate stock levels for stationery and household items (e.g. tissues, paper towel, disposable gloves, sanitising hand gel, etc.).
Students with a positive attitude towards Business in the Health and Community Services Industry and in particular Administration and are self-motivated, willing to listen and follow instruction are encouraged to consider a future SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS subject.
Students prior to placement commencement will be required to;
Complete an Induction Day and on-line Infection Control Module.
Obtain Police Check if 18 yrs and over prior to commencing.
Comply with COVID 19 Safe Plan.
Whilst the students is attending the work placement they are expected to:
• Dress appropriately.
• Maintain interest and participate in tasks and work duties.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Work within the team.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Respect other people’s belongings.
• Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference.
• Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course.
• Take their Log Book to the work placement every day.
The student will be required to present in the following work attire;
• Flat, non-slip, enclosed work shoes.
• Neat casual attire with no inappropriate slogans.
• Long hair must be tied back, nails must be kept short and clean.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks and duties carried out by the student, will be supplied by the Host Employer.
KMART Mildura is a supplier of appropriate worksite clothing.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to check bus transport availability and or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
Buslink Sunraysia: Ph: 5023 0274, Website: http://buslink.com.au/your-bus-service/mildura/
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business