Elizabeth Taylor’s Canine Clips
Do you have a keen interest in the Animal Care and Management Industry and in particular Dog Grooming? If so, Elizabeth Taylor’s Canine Clips will give you a great opportunity to gain experience as an Assistant Dog Groomer.
This is an ideal placement for a student currently studying a VETDSS subject in Animal Studies to gain skills with a well reputed dog groomer in the Mildura area.
Sounds like a pretty good employer to have on your resume doesn't it? Make
Elizabeth Taylor’s Canine Clips your next phone call to find out more.
Skills You Might Learn
The student may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable employability skills such as:
• Problem solving.
• Follow instructions.
• Work under supervision.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The student may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their secondary school studies they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in real-life scenarios at an animal grooming site.
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, customers/clients.
Typical Tasks & Duties
As an Assistant Dog Groomer you would assist in caring for and grooming dogs.
The student may undertake the following tasks and duties;
• Participate in occupational health and safety processes.
• Work in the animal care industry.
• Participate in workplace communications.
• Complete animal care hygiene routines.
• Water and toileting animals.
• Washing, Grooming, Blow Drying animals.
• Cleaning and maintaining work environment, washing towels, sweeping, mopping and cleaning up dog excretions.
• Assist in health care of animals.
• Provide reception services for an animal care facility.
• Customer service including data entry and SMS
• Source information for animal care needs.
• Provide basic care of dogs.
• Provide information on companion animals, products and services.
Students with a positive attitude towards Animal Care and Management and in particular as an Assistant Dog Groomer with a keen eye for detail and are self-motivated, willing to listen and follow instruction are encouraged to consider a future SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS subject in Animal Studies.
Whilst the students is attending the work placement they are expected to:
• Dress appropriately.
• Maintain interest and participate in tasks and work duties.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Work within the team.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Respect other people’s belongings.
• Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference.
• Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course.
• Take their Log Book to the work placement every day.
The student will be required to present in the following work attire;
• Work pants
• Work shirt
• Work boots or sneakers
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks and duties carried out by the student, will be supplied by the Host Employer.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to check bus transport availability and or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
Buslink Sunraysia: Ph: 5023 0274, Website: http://buslink.com.au/your-bus-service/mildura/
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- ACM20110 - Certificate II in Animal Studies