Food processing worker
Do you have a keen interest in the Wine Industry and want to learn more?
Are you studying a VETDSS subject in a related VET field or VCAL Work Related Skills in?
• Administration/Finance/Quality Control
• Food Production/Laboratory Assistant
If so, a great opportunity has been offered at Zilzie Wines, a leading provider with a long history of knowledge in the Wine Industry, locally owned in the region.
This opportunity is ideal for a student considering future pathway options.
Skills You Might Learn
The student may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable employability skills such as;
• Problem solving.
• Engaging with Staff
• Following instructions.
• Working under supervision.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The student may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their secondary school studies they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in real-life scenarios.
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, industry personnel, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will work with Zilzie Wines staff to assist them in their duties in relation to student’s area of interest if available. Students will be required to be an active participant in all workplace practices while being closely supervised by staff.
Students with a genuine interest in the Wine Industry – with a positive can-do attitude, willing to listen and learn in a team environment with an understanding of OH & S are encouraged to apply.
• Students Must complete an online induction prior to attending the first day.
The student will need to provide:
• Safety Boots
• Long Pants
• Hi Vis Shirt
• Zilzie Wines will provide a Safety Helmet and other PPE as required.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to speak to school/parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22209VIC - Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business
- FBP20117 - Certificate II in Food Processing
- MSL30118 - Certificate III in Laboratory Skills