WF Montague Pty Ltd
Working with a network of passionate growers and logistics experts WF Montague ensure the best produce makes it into your kitchen! This is a fantastic family owned company who will provide a positive learning environment to gain understanding and experience in the horticultural industry.
Skills You Might Learn
• Plant, weed and pest identification skills
• Understanding plant growing requirements
• Understanding workplace operating conditions, policies and procedures
• Insights into the horticultural industry and possible career paths
Typical Tasks & Duties
You will work with highly experienced professionals, learning hands on activities in the horticultural industry. Tasks will involved activities such as: propagating stock, preparing products for sale. You will learn about maintaining ideal plant health and growing conditions including weeding, watering, cleaning, pest identification and other associated duties.
This will suit a student interested in horticulture but you don't have to be enrolled in a Horticultural Certificate.
This role is physically demanding - students will be required to stand, pruning, tree training, thinning and picking fruit and engage in other physically demanding activities.
• Sturdy, comfortable closed – toed shoes or boots
• Comfortable clothing to suit the weather
• May need water-proof jackets, sun hats etc if working outside
Special Transport Requirements
Location is Narre Warren North - Own transport is required as there is no accessible public transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AHC20410 - Certificate II in Horticulture
- AHC30716 - Certificate III in Horticulture
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies