DARK HORSE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Dark Horse Maintenance Services which provide a one stop solution for your property maintenance needs, is offering a placement to a student keen to work as assistant handymen in property maintenance. All our operations are held with due diligence and safe work practices. We follow best industry practices with fair prices and timely service. We build decking, undertake landscaping, safety checks and repairs throughout residential buildings, repairs for drain clogs, appliance failures, leaking ceilings, etc.
Skills You Might Learn
The student will learn to:
- assess equipment and appliances for possible damage and wear
- patch holes in walls, repair lighting and fixtures, unclog toilets, assemble furniture and equipment
- repair fences, decks, gates, doors, lights and plumbing.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be required to assist with decking and landscaping, perform maintenance jobs and light repairs, fill gaps and provide painting services, repair equipment and appliances, identify, document and report maintenance and repair work, suggest additional repairs when identified and needed..
- Some knowledge of electrical and plumbing systems
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail.
The student must wear protective clothing, safety footwear (steel cap boots), ear and eye protection, hat and sunscreen.
Special Transport Requirements
The student will find their way to the work site. Site address would be provided before hand. Check out the Public Transport App to work out the quickest route for you.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22261VIC - Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational)
- 22304VIC - Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- AHC30916 - Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- CPC30111 - Certificate III in Bricklaying / Blocklaying
- CPC31912 - Certificate III in Joinery