Child care worker
Lyndel Childcare Centre
Lyndel Childcare Centre is an accredited daycare and childcare centre located in Tootgarook, that has been operating since 1973. They primarily provide long day care services for children as young as 6 weeks to 6 years old. They offer nursery, junior kindergarten, and kindergarten education.
An opportunity exists for an SBAT in 2021 with training in Certificate III in Early Childhood Education.This service offers care for children aged from 6 weeks to 5 years in a happy, caring, supportive and stimulating environment. You will have the opportunity to work with experienced Early Childhood Educators who have a wealth of experience in providing quality care and early childhood educational programs.Students will work with babies and children across a range of ages and be supported by qualified and experienced educators. Tasks and duties will contribute to developing your skills and knowledge in early childhood education and care and will work towards you developing your competencies for your qualification.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
A range of specific industry skills and experiences may be be gained through this placement with a focus on 4 year olds. This placement will contribute to your practical placement requirements to complete your qualification. Please contact your school or training provider for details relating to practical placement assessments and log book requirements.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will work with children across a range of ages in a childcare setting and will be supported by qualified and experienced educators. There will be a broad range of tasks and duties you will be required to undertake which will contribute to developing your skills and knowledge in early childhood education and care and will work towards you developing your competencies for your qualification. During your placement, you may undertake the following:
- Develop an understanding of children’s interests and developmental needs
- Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Work effectively with families to care for the child
- Support the development of children
- Assist with activities and programs
- Read to children
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Work with children to create a painting, story or creative item.
- Investigate procedures for allergy management
- Investigate procedures for dealing with problem behaviours
- Prepare food if appropriately qualified (ie: Food Handlers)
- Research policy on sun safety
- Research policies/strategies used to ensure child safety and security
- Research and identify signs and symptoms of common childhood illnesses
- Observe/record children’s developmental milestones
- Research strategies used to manage and maintain hygiene.
Students are required to commit to a SBAT and under the apprenticeship contract, and undertake the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care qualification.
To be advised on contact.
Special Transport Requirements
Near public transport routes
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care