Kempe Engineering Pty Ltd
This engineering company has an opportunity for a student to complete Structured Work Placement within their administration team. If you are an organised person who would like to experience working in an office environment - with the added excitement of a busy engineering sector - then this may be an opportunity for you!
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties may include but limited to; answering the telephone, inputting data, taking notes, organising mail, scanning, photocopying, greeting clients and assisting reception staff with any other daily tasks.
Students undertaking this placement will build and develop skills in reception and administration support. Tasks will include:
- Greeting visitors upon arrival to the front office.
- Answering telephones, and taking down enquiries.
- Sorting mail (incoming and outgoing).
- Using word processing and spreadsheet programs and data inputs.
- Supporting staff as required on building projects.
- Building knowledge and understanding surrounding the business and overall business industry.
Special Transport Requirements
must be able to attend work site
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies