Australian Cuvee Centre
A SPARKLING OPPORTUNITY - BUSINESS SWL PLACEMENT AT AUSTRALIAN CUVEE CENTRE
If you are studying a business VET course and have a keen interest in the wine industry, then this is a great placement opportunity for you. The Australian Cuvee Centre is the prestige sparkling winemaking facility, leading the way in quality, technology and service. They provide a variety of full production sparkling wine services, automated bottling and packaging, and more.
You will have the chance to work right across all aspects of the business from the 'hands-on' getting involved in the actual wine making process itself through to marketing, promotions, social media content, invoicing, administration. the works!
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
During your placement, you may undertake the following:
- Participate in some of the hands-on processes when it comes to sparkling wine production
- social media content
- marketing activities
- administration activities
- invoicing actitivites
- Learn processes for greeting clients, customers and visitors.
- Answering a phone, transferring calls and taking a message
- Fill out samples of forms ie: timesheet, leave forms and order forms
- Produce simple word processed documents and spreadsheets
- Take minutes of a meeting, type and distribute them to staff
- Learn business filing system
- Identify OH&S policies and procedures in the workplace.
- Clean and tidy work area.
This placement will offer you a board range of experiences and opportunities to explore the wine making industry. A keen interest in the industry is required and if you have a particular curiosity in chemistry and laboratory analysis, then there's aspects of this placement that can satisfy that need too! Enthusiasm, a can do attitude and an openness to try new things is key to this placement.
Please discuss dress requirements with the employer at your meet and greet.
Special Transport Requirements
Not near public Transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22480VIC - Certificate II in Small Business (Operations / Innovation)
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business
- SIT20116 - Certificate II in Tourism