The Salvation Army Bendigo
AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Salvation Army helps more than 1 million Australians every year – that's one person every 30 seconds!
Salvation Army provides services to the community in the form of Salvos Stores located in a number of towns in the country.
These opportunities include roles in store retail management, transportation and logistics, warehousing and production, administration and accounts. Salvos Stores works in a professional capacity through the sale of second-hand donated goods and purchased products to generate funds for the good work of The Salvation Army. Working at Salvos Stores provides an opportunity for you to use your own vocational skills to make a real and valued contribution to the community and the lives of others.
This structured work placement is available for a One week block in Term 4, 2022. Dates can be negotiated.
PLEASE CONTACT GOLDFIELDS LOCAL LEARNING EMPLOYMENT NETWORK TO SECURE THIS PLACEMENT.
Skills You Might Learn
Ability to engage with a broad range of people at varying levels of need.
Understanding of some of the social issues many are faced with in the local community.
Appreciation of what support can achieve.
Skills in the workshop and garden.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Will vary in the volunteering space, but across the week will include:
1. Assist in the Food Pantry in the morning preparing food parcels for people requiring assistance.
2. Assisting in the Workshop with our +65 year old men who come into build projects and engage with one another.
3. Assist in the Community Garden – planting/harvesting produce prepping for sale.
Preparedness to take direction.
Willingness to engage with participants / clients.
Casual and neat attire
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport available
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC24015 - Certificate II in Active Volunteering