Exercise instructor / personal trainer
WaterMarc Aquatic and Leisure Centre - Fitness and Leisure
This is a fantastic SWL opportunity for Sport and Recreation students. Watermark has several placements available in block weeks throughout Term 1. This industry placement provides students with real observation and working experience from the basement up, including water testing, customer service, aquatic and fitness classes. Students may even have the chance to be a “client” by participating in aquatic fitness and spin cycle classes. Ongoing employment opportunities may exist for students who display a great attitude, as Watermarc regularly recruits Instructors and Lifeguards from young people with previous experience in their centre.
Skills You Might Learn
Students will have the opportunity to learn a wide range of skills aligned with their Sports and Recreation or Fitness studies, with an opportunity to rotate through all the teams at the centre, and observe and learn all aspects of an Aquatics and Fitness business. Transferable skills learned include teamwork and communication, time management and problem solving, using technology and customer service. Brilliant opportunity to increase your skills in alignment with VET Sport/Rec or Fitness, including industry knowledge, equipment maintenance, water rescues and first aid.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Whilst on placement, student will have the opportunity to participate in some or all of the following;
- Customer Service (Reception, membership, etc.),
- Aquatics classes (observe and participate in aquatics classes for school and fitness groups, an opportunity to jump in the water.)
- Lifeguard duties (observe and learn from Lifeguard professionals, find out what is really involved in this job.)
- Operations (looking at aspects of pool care, including water quality testing, facility maintenance, an opportunity to view what goes on underneath the pool.)
- Fitness (gym, personal training and group fitness, etc. An opportunity to experience writing a fitness program, and learning how to clean and look after equipment.)
- Memberships Team (including promotions and social media.)
There is more to running a great fitness and aquatics centre than meets the eye!
Best suited to VCE or VCAL student undertaking Sport/Rec or Fitness.
Students will need to complete an application form and submit this along with their resume to BNLLEN.
Please "Share With Your Teacher" and include your contact details to be sent a copy of this form.
Employer interview is required. At interview student will provided with weekly timetable, and student must bring their arrangement form for signing.
Host will provide uniform polo top. Student to provide own pants and suitable footwear. Discreet jewellery only, long hair tied back. Student may be offered opportunity to participate in aquatic activity, so will need to provide own swimwear.
Special Transport Requirements
No Travel form required as student will not be travelling between sites. Close to bus and train access.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS20313 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30115 - Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30313 - Certificate III in Fitness
- SIS30315 - Certificate III in Fitness
- SIS30513 - Certificate III in Sport and Recreation