Ever wondered what a career in the automotive repair industry would be like?
Are you passionate about learning, want to learn from the very best, with access to the best technology and employment conditions?
Then start your career in the automotive industry on the right road, with us, at AMA Group
Who is AMA Group and why start your journey with us?
We’re the biggest collision repair business across Australia and New Zealand. With more than 150 sites, we’re the clear market leader. That means plenty of career opportunities for you.
Many of our people start off as Apprentices and become Centre Managers. The opportunities are here for you. If you’re driven, you can go anywhere! We are a diverse and inclusive employer. We welcome people of all ages, gender, and backgrounds.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a student interested in learning all about spray painting with an ASX listed Company.
AMA Group has a keen interest in supporting young people and will offer an SBAT and or full-time apprenticeship to students who show potential – this is a great place to get experience!
Skills You Might Learn
Understanding all aspects of refinishing and painting automotive eqipment, problem solving to determine work methods in accordance with standard automotive practices, use and operation of automotive painting equipment, prepare paint to desired colour and consistency, learn how to use and clean spray gun and prepare and paint to desired colour and consistency.
Typical Tasks & Duties
You will assist the supervisor and site and learn the process of typical tasks and duties of a spray painter such as:
• Use and operation of automotive painting equipment.
• Prepare spraying equipment such as cleaning or adjusting spray gun.
• Cleans vehicle to be painted as required.
• Checks parts against vehicles.
• Masks glass and other appropriate areas prior to application with spray gun or brush.
• Prep new, repaired, and recycled panels, including plastic.
• UV, roll on and spray on priming.
• Industry standard preparation processes.
• Masking all areas of motor vehicles.
• Spray base and topcoat application.
• Complete cut and polishing.
• Must have a keen interest in learning the skill of spray painting.
• Cooperate and get on well with others working cohesively within a dynamic team.
• You will be expected to have a good work attitude - being respectful of supervisor, team and equipment.
• Arrive at work on time and always call (before your standard start time).
• If you are running late or unavailable to attend work due to illness.
• You will be required to agree to company policies and procedures.
• Take responsibility and pride in your own work, delivering the highest standards at all times.
Safety footwear and workwear required.
Special Transport Requirements
See attached map.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20520 - Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR20920 - Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- AUR32416 - Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology