Shane's Electrical Contracting
**Please contact email@example.com via your teacher to arrange this placement.**
If you’re interested in an electrical career this is a great opportunity to gain an insight into the trade.
Owner/Operator, Shane has many years of experience and a long history of supporting student work placements. Shane and his team are keen to provide students with valuable, practical, real-world experience in various aspects of residential, commercial and industrial electrical maintenance and services.
Operating since 2013 this locally owned company works with home owners, builders and developers. The small professional team consists of skilled tradespersons experienced in, installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems, general electrical work, data and security, and solar.
Skills You Might Learn
The student will have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills on placement, employability skills may include:
• Communication skills
• Working within a team
• Time management
• Care and maintenance of equipment
• Workplace health and safety
• Understanding of workplace expectations
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
• Working in real-life scenarios and environments
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
• Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Under the supervision of trained electricians, students may assist with tasks including:
• electrical and data maintenance
• testing malfunctioning equipment and identifying defects
• repairing equipment with assistance
• filling installation work orders and completing maintenance work orders
Students should be prepared to learn, work both inside and outside, and observe and practice all safety requirements with a level of maturity and understanding.
• Good communication, maths, and analytical skills
• Genuine interest in the trade
• Motivated and organised
Steel-capped work boots, long sleeved shirt, and pants.
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is available.