Warehousing operations assistant
Connecting 2 Communities
Connecting 2 Communities is a not-for-profit social enterprise that continuously gives back to the local community. In doing so, they offer the opportunity for students to enrol and participate in a Certificate II or III in Supply Chain Operations. Not only do students learn warehousing skills, but their participation in the program allows them to engage in community service through existing and expanding partnerships.
Skills You Might Learn
This workplace is very welcoming, and staff are more than happy to address any learning, social or disability issues so that all students have an opportunity to complete the program successfully. DAAWS funding provides additional resources for students to receive the assistance required for the completion of educational requirements and workplace activities.
Typical Tasks & Duties
As a warehouse assistant you would undertaking tasks such as:
- Picking and packing stationery and toiletries
- Stocktaking products
- Quality Control/Assurance
- Assembly/Disassembly e-waste products
- Cooking and preparing food for local community service organisations.
All these activities are in partnership with local community service programs.
• To take part in this program, you will be required to participate twice a week to complete the appropriate training in either a Certificate II in Supply Chain Operations or a Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations RTO- Flexible Training Solutions
• In order to enrol in the SBAT, students will need to have a 608 DAAWs form completed.
• All students will be paid for 3.5 hours per day, which equates to 7 hours per week. All students are paid for the work that they participate in within the work place. Please ensure all COVID requirements are met, as per placement industry and workplace requirements NOTE - SBATS will need to be arranged no later than March 2024.
Closed in shoes (preferably steel caps) No shorts or singlets
Special Transport Requirements
Students to arrange own transport. The warehouse is located at Factory 13,18 Racecourse RD Pakenham and is 400 Metres away from the Pakenham railway station.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- TLI20420 - Certificate II in Supply Chain Operations
- TLI30319 - Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations