Do you like the idea of working in a kitchen environment?- Cobram has an opportunity for a student to complete Structured Workplace Learning hours with in their catering team. It will enable a student to gain an insight into how a commercial kitchen operates while ticking their SWL requirements.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties include but limited to, basic food preparation, assisting with plating up meals, cleaning pots and pans, running dishes and cutlery through the dishwasher and any other kitchen duties requested by the kitchen staff.
The student will need to bring lunch, there is kitchen facilities available to store lunch. The student must be abled bodied and feel comfortable working in a hot environment.
Students are required to wear, non slip, closed in black shoes, black pants and black or white shirt.
Special Transport Requirements
For Vline transport options visit www.vline.com.au
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20312 - Certificate II in Hospitality (Kitchen Operations)
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies