Allied health assistant
Sunraysia Residential Services Inc
Would you like to contribute to the community & make a difference in the lives of people with a disability?
This is a great opportunity for any student looking for a career in the Health,Disability or Community Services fields.
Sunraysia Residential Services Inc known as SRS commenced providing disability support and accommodation in 1976 and remain a leader in the Victoria and NSW Sunraysia Mallee region community.
Skills You Might Learn
Understanding the disability industry and general working expectations to prepare for your future employment.
What is involved in supporting those with a disability from childhood to adulthood, from independent living to those who have high needs support.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Shadowing SRS staff members when directly working with our participants.
Interacting with participants.
Communicate with people accessing the services of the organisation
Communicate appropriately with clients and colleagues
Work effectively in the community sector
Prepare for disability work
Work effectively with people with a disability
Follow safety procedures for direct care work
Follow policies, procedures and programs of the organisation
Respond effectively to difficult or challenging behavior
Participate in OHS processes
Suitable for VCE or VCAL students.
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Motivated and organised
- Ability to use own initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Responsible, supportive and caring attitude
- Good people skills
- Accommodating to different personalities and abilities
Appropriate clothing and footwear (enclosed shoes and no active wear)
Removal of any piercings that could potentially be pulled out
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is limited. Students are advised to make their own transport arrangement
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30112 - Certificate III in Community Services Work
- CHC30408 - Certificate III in Disability
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- HLT21212 - Certificate II in Health Support Services
- HLT32512 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance