The events and community development industry is fast paced. If you can move quickly and take direction well, then you’ll have fun working with me. I am usually working on multiple events at any one given time, so your full attention is required. Placement may include being involved in local events such as, Careers day Out, Winter Sessions, Shepparton Winter Festival and many more.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement including;
- how to prepare for an event
- organisational skills
- communicating with different stakeholders
- creative thinking
These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical task and duties may include but not limited to;
- Social media content
- Populating spreadsheets
- Survey Info
- Research on events in the region
- Event prep in the shed
- Assisting with set up and pack down
Student is required to have an interest in event planning, they should be enthusiastic, hard working and a team player.
Neat casual clothing.
Special Transport Requirements
Visit Dyson transport for local timetable.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT30516 - Certificate III in Events
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies