Food and beverage attendant
Degani Shepparton has been owned by Luke and Michelle for the past 5 years. It operates from 7am to 9pm, catering for all things, breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. If you want to learn more about the hospitality industry and improve the skills you already have or gain new ones, this is a great opportunity to do so.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties will depend if the students interest is back of house or front of house, this can be discussed in the interview. Front of house may include, greeting and serving customers, setting up tables for service, clearing tables, taking orders and much more. Back of house may include, food preparation, serving up meals, garnish preparation, cleaning dishes and much more.
Students must be presented well, hair tied back, no nail polish and mobile phones are only to be used on their breaks. It is recommended but not compuslory, that the student has completed http://dofoodsafely.health.vic.gov.au/ prior to placement.
Black pants, black shirt and black closed in shoes.
Special Transport Requirements
Access http://dysongroup.com.au/about/depots/shepparton for local transport options.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30813 - Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies