Would you like to commence an exciting career in the Winery Operations Industry as a Business Administration Assistant at a major winery in a School Based Traineeship (SBAT)?
Zilzie Wines is a modern and progressive major winery in our district and have a great opportunity for a student who is career focused on Business Administration that will incorporate Finance Control work at the winery.
This is an ideal placement for a VCAL or VCE student enrolled in a VETDSS Business subject to gain part time employment whilst studying a secondary school program.
For further information contact Dale Harvey at the NMLLEN on 0467 215 213 to discuss this exciting SBAT opportunity.
Please submit Expression of Interest form and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills You Might Learn
The SBAT will gain a broad range of skills as a Business Administration Assistant.
These include skills such as:
• Problem solving.
• Follow instructions.
• Work under supervision.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The SBAT may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their training they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in a business administration environment.
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, industry personnel, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The SBAT will undertake duties as a Business Administration Assistant as part of a professional and hardworking team with duties also requiring the administration of Finance Control requirements across the winery.
The administration functions of the position are to ensure the administration activities within the winery run smoothly. Duties would include but are not limited to
contributing to health and safety of self and others, photocopying and filing, organise schedules, design and produce business documents, deliver and monitor a service to customers, process customer complaints, organise workplace information and utilise a knowledge management system.
Students with a positive attitude towards Business Administration with a keen eye for detail and are self-motivated, willing to listen and follow instruction are encouraged to apply.
Whilst the student is attending the SBAT placement they are expected to:
• Dress appropriately.
• Maintain interest and participate in tasks and work duties.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Work within the team.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Respect other people’s belongings.
SBAT EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING DETAILS:
The minimum number of employment and training hours is 13 hours per week. These hours may be averaged over three periods of four months in each year of the training contract. At least one day during the normal school week must be timetabled to be spent on the job or in training.
The SBAT will be required to present in the following work attire;
• Neat business attire is required.
• Closed footwear must be worn.
• Professionally presented at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks and duties carried out by the SBAT, will be supplied by the Employer.
Special Transport Requirements
Successful applicants will be required to find their own way to and from the worksite.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business
- BSB30415 - Certificate III in Business Administration