Child care worker
Busy Bees at Macleod
***Taking 2022 applications ***
This is a great opportunity for students to gain practical experience in a dynamic and friendly centre that provides high quality long day care, and full-day kindergarten programs for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. Be part of a caring team that provides opportunities for children both in a structured and spontaneous learning environment and gain exposure to children of different ages and stages of development.
Skills You Might Learn
In alignment with Cert III Early Childhood Education and Care studies, students may have the opportunity to develop skills in;
- Providing care for children of various ages, stages of development and diverse backgrounds
- Developing positive and respectful relationships
- Providing experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of Children
- Participating in Workplace Health and Safety
- Complying with administrative requirements
Students will also be expected to comply with policies regarding communicating with parents and guardians, and any other centre policies as directed by staff.
Transferrable skills which are vital in this workplace include communication, teamwork, time management, creativity and critical thinking.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Placement students may have the opportunity to participate in a range of activities including;
- Supervision of safe play activities
- Maintaining centre cleanliness (including sweeping, mopping, wiping tables and benches, cleaning paint pots and brushes, etc.)
- Reading stories
- Helping prep snacks, such as chopping fresh fruit
- Assisting with various admin tasks
- Other reasonable tasks as directed by staff in alignment with Early Childhood care
Students are excluded from performing some tasks (such as nappy changes).
*NB* This employer has a policy that they only host placement students who are over the age of 18 and hold a current Working With Children Check.
Suitable for students undertaking Early Childhood studies.
*** COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS***
It is now mandatory for all staff to be triple vaccinated. Note this will also apply to any interested students or as per government guidelines based on their age.
Closed toed shoes, discreet jewellery, long hair tied back, and comfortable clothes to allow for setting up equipment and playing with young children. Full details to be discussed at interview.
Special Transport Requirements
Close to bus stop, short walk from train station
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care