Ararat North Kindercare
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific information regarding this placement- firstname.lastname@example.org or 5352 3266. Kindergarten is of vital importance as it provides the child with new skills, knowledge and experiences from which they can develop into a unique, individual person, capable of functioning in and responding to the world around them. If you would like to work as part of this professional team of teachers and educators you must meet the requirements of a student who is willing to assist and use initiative to provide a commitment to high quality, stimulating, developmentally appropriate, and inclusive care and education for young children. Ararat North Kindercare professionals believe an important aspect of any program is the establishment and maintenance of a partnership with parents, based on mutual respect. Teachers and Educators recognise the significance of culture, customs, language and beliefs, and respect these when implementing the program.
A spirit of warmth, encouragement, and respect for and consideration of others characterises the implementation of the Kindergarten program. The program operates within the school grounds each school term- Combined 3 year old and 4 year old groups Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with session times 9am till 2pm. If you have effective communication skills and you are enthusiastic about being part of young children's learning and development, please talk to your careers teacher today about how to apply.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills attained will include the following;
- Importance of teamwork.
- Time management and punctuality.
- Communication skills in the workplace.
- Experience and familiarity with the general care and education of children.
- Exposure to a Kindergarten service's activities in a professional environment.
- Broader understanding of what an Educator's role involves on a day-to-day basis.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students are required to demonstrate a cheerful outlook towards the education and care of young children.
Students will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Assisting Teachers and Educators with planned activities and experiences, setting educational learning spaces in both the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Engaging with children and parent/guardians as instructed by the Teacher in charge.
- Completing all related cleaning and set up and pack away tasks as assigned by the Teacher and Educators.
Students are required to demonstrate a cheerful outlook towards Early Years Education and Care. Students are encouraged to consider a SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VET or VCAL subject in Community Services and/or Early Childhood Education and Care.
The following requirements must be met;
- Students are required to have completed the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) module in WRS VCAL or else have begun the OH&S module in the relevant VET course.
- A Working With Children's Check card is a requirement, please contact the employer for details on how to apply.
- Students and volunteers to provide the safest environment possible for children and young people. Ballarat YMCA services have a strong commitment to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, students are expected to read and understand the expectations of a student placement and must complete all Student/Volunteer requirements as per the Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
- Students must adhere to strict Privacy and Confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Students must be able to spend extended periods on their feet and interact with children at a child's level.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions carefully.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work as a productive team member.
- Students must be completing a related subject or have displayed an interest in Early Years Education and Care.
- Students must display great initiative to complete tasks and follow Program Plans.
- Personal mobile phones are not required and should only be used out of work hours or on meal breaks- Privacy and Confidentiality policy clauses prevent personal mobile phones usage while interacting with children and Ballarat YMCA staff.
Students undertaking a Kindergarten placement will be required to wear neat casual clothing as appropriate for an Early Years Education and Care Service- comfortable clothing and closed in toe and heel shoes. A hat will be required for all outdoor activity from the months of August through till April (SunSmart Policy applies).
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace. If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace or in the case of a planned excursion, transport via another vehicle), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form. The student will be required to arrange their own transport; if transport is presenting a problem please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies