Aged care assistant
Are you interested in finding out more about the Aged Care Sector? With an ever growing population, this is a career that is in demand. If you enjoy interacting with people and helping them have good experiences, this may be a great opportunity for you to try.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
During the placement students will; accompany and observe health professionals, observe treatments and assist where appropriate, be exposed to medical terminology, observe and take part in some of the practical and logistical components of work in the health industry; comply with infection control policies and OH & S procedures, interact and socialise with the elderly, assist with meal times and assist with activities required for the residents.
Students should have a keen interest and be willing to find out more about the age care industry and a hospital environment.
Students are required to wear neat casual attire.
Special Transport Requirements
For Vline transport options visit www.vline.com.au
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- HLT23215 - Certificate II in Health Support Services
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies