Child care worker
Ararat Childcare and Kinder Retreat
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific information regarding this placement- firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 5352 3266. Ararat Childcare and Kinder Retreat is a childcare centre that provides care and education for all children from ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age in a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment. The purposely built playful childcare retreat offers three playrooms consisting of a babies/toddler room, junior room and kindergarten. The recently renovated outdoor spaces offer the opportunity for the children to play and learn about themselves, nature, the growing of their own fresh produce and the fun of fresh air in an environment that is welcoming. If you are motivated, enthusiastic and ready to share in the adventures of little people's lives, please apply for this opportunity.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills attained will include the following;
- Importance of teamwork.
- Time management and punctuality.
- Communication skills in the workplace.
- Experience and familiarity with the general care and education of children.
- Exposure to care and education service activities in a professional environment.
- Broader understanding of what an Educator's role involves on a day-to-day basis.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students are permitted to learn how to educate and care for young children under the direct supervision of a trained Early Childhood professional. Students are only to undertake tasks and typical duties if they are explicitly required to in the performance criteria or assessment requirements of a unit of competency as part of a VET qualification.
Students will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Assisting Teachers and Educators with planned activities and experiences, setting educational learning spaces in both the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Engaging with children and parent/guardians as instructed and under direct supervision of the Teacher or Educator in charge.
- Completing all related cleaning and set up and pack away tasks as assigned by the Teacher and Educators.
Students are encouraged to consider a SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS or VCAL subject in Community Services and/or Early Childhood Education and Care. The following requirements must be met;
- Students are required to have completed the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) module in WRS VCAL or else have begun the OH&S module in the relevant VETDSS course.
- Students must adhere to strict Privacy and Confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Students are required to have a keen interest in Early Years Education and Care.
- Students must be able to spend extended periods on their feet and interact with children at a child's level.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work with a team. This includes notifying both the workplace supervisor and the careers teacher of any planned or unplanned absence from the scheduled placement.
- Students must be completing a related subject or have displayed an interest in Early Years Education and Care.
- Students must display great initiative to complete tasks and follow Program Plans.
- Students must be cooperative and work as a productive team member.
- Privacy and Confidentiality policy clauses prevent personal mobile phones usage while interacting with children and staff.
- Personal mobile phones are not required and should only be used out of work hours or on meal breaks.
Students undertaking a placement will be required to wear neat casual clothing as appropriate for an Early Years Education and Care Service- comfortable clothing and closed in toe and heel shoes. A hat and sunscreen will be required for all outdoor activity from the months of August through till April (SunSmart Policy applies).
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace.
If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form.
If transport is presenting a problem, please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies