Child care worker
Ararat Childcare and Kinder Retreat
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific information regarding this placement- firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 5352 3266. Ararat Childcare and Kinder Retreat is a childcare centre that provides care and education for all children from ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age in a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment. The purposely built playful childcare retreat offers three playrooms consisting of a babies/toddler room, junior room and kindergarten. The recently renovated outdoor spaces offer the opportunity for the children to play and learn about themselves, nature, the growing of their own fresh produce and the fun of fresh air in an environment that is welcoming. If you are motivated, enthusiastic and ready to share in the adventures of little people's lives, please talk to your teacher about how to apply for this opportunity.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Effective communication.
- Problem solving.
- Initiative and enterprise.
- Planning and organising.
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients, and suppliers.
Students may attain vital industry specific skills which will also relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience.
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments.
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students are permitted to learn how to educate and care for young children under the direct supervision of a trained Early Childhood professional. Students are only to undertake tasks and typical duties if they are explicitly required to in the performance criteria or assessment requirements of a unit of competency as part of a VET qualification.
Students will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Assisting Teachers and Educators with planned activities and experiences, setting educational learning spaces in both the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Engaging with children and parent/guardians as instructed and under direct supervision of the Teacher or Educator in charge.
- Completing all related cleaning and set up and pack away tasks as assigned by the Teacher and Educators.
Students are encouraged to consider a SWL placement to develop skills learned from their Industry and Enterprise subject or their VET course in Community Services and/or Early Childhood Education and Care. The following requirements must be met;
- Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) requirements and have completed OH&S modules as part of their VET course or school subject.
- Students are to complete any applicable relevant course work and/or Workplace Learning Record entries as outlined in the SWL Arrangement.
- Students must adhere to strict Privacy and Confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Students are required to have a keen interest in Early Years Education and Care.
- Students must be able to spend extended periods involved in play based learning and interact with children at a child's level.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work with a team. This includes notifying both the workplace supervisor and the careers teacher of any planned or unplanned absence from the scheduled placement. Please discuss extension of placement dates if there are nominal hours to be completed as part of the VET course.
- Students must be completing a related subject or have displayed an interest in Early Years Education and Care.
- Students must display great initiative to complete tasks and follow Program Plans.
- Students must be cooperative and work as a productive team member.
- Privacy and Confidentiality policy clauses prevent personal mobile phones usage while interacting with children and staff.
- Personal mobile phones are not required and should only be used out of work hours or on meal breaks.
Students undertaking a placement will be required to wear neat casual clothing as appropriate for an Early Years Education and Care Service- comfortable clothing and closed in toe and heel shoes. A hat and sunscreen will be required for all outdoor activity from the months of August through till April (SunSmart Policy applies).
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace.
If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form.
If transport is presenting a problem, please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20120 - Certificate II in Workplace Skills
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC24015 - Certificate II in Active Volunteering
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- VCE0000001 - VCE (including VCE Vocational Major)
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise