Warrnambool Diving & Firearms
Warrnambool Diving and Firearms is locally owned and operated offering a full range of sales and service of diving, firearms and archery. We are the one stop shop for all your recreational diving and hunting supplies with professional advice and service. If we don't sell it, we can get it for you. We are also a member of the Padi retail and resort association. This is an opportunity for a student who has an interests in diving and water sports to learn from qualified and highly skilled divers.
Skills You Might Learn
Core skills attained will be to learn to Communicate in the workplace and to support team and customer outcomes. To work effectively in a customer service environment, To sell products, to build relationships with customers and to work safely in the store.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will perform the following tasks
- Advise customers on the location, selection, price, delivery, use and care of goods available from the store, with the aim of encouraging them to buy in the future.
- Price stack and display items for sale and keep the stock tidy for sale, be aware of health and safety and welfare issues.
- Work within the sales team and support with all stock movement.
- Operate cash registers and accept payment
- Enjoy working with people
- A helpful, courteous manner
- Neat personal appearance
- Good communication skills
- Able to deal accurately with money
- Motivation and drive
- Good problem solving skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- have an interest in diving and water sports
Must wear neat clothes with covered shoes
Special Transport Requirements
Student must make their own way to the placement.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIR20216 - Certificate II in Retail Services
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation