Assistant Surveyor / Town Planner
SURVEYORS, ENGINEERS & PROJECT MANAGERS carry out the planning and delivery of construction projects. One of Shepparton’s leading firms, where students can sample all these careers over the course of one week. Students will be exposed to the various tasks that surveyors, engineers and projects managers perform on a day-to-day basis. They will use industry-specific software, tools and learn about the skills and qualifications they will need to attain a job like this in the future.
Skills You Might Learn
Students can attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will learn how to use relevant software, read technical drawings and learn about survey data and project planning. Students with their CI / White Card may also accompany professionals to various sites as projects are planned and delivered.
This placement would suit students who are studying and/or have an interest in civil construction, engineering, environmental studies and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths). Students can get experience in all the areas offered or focus on one of their choice, however a CI / White Card is required for the student to be able to visit construction sites.
Office attire or smart casual.
Special Transport Requirements
Central Shepparton location, public transport options are available.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22470VIC - Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- AHC21016 - Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management
- AHC21020 - Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management
- AHC21616 - Certificate II in Landscaping
- AHC30916 - Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- AHC31420 - Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- CPC20112 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20120 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20211 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CPC20220 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- MEM20105 - Certificate II in Engineering
- MEM20219 - Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology
- MEM20413 - Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- RII20715 - Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII20720 - Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII30815 - Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30820 - Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30915 - Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII30919 - Certificate III in Civil Construction
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies