Child care worker
Ararat Village Early Learning Centre
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific information regarding this placement- firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 5352 3266. An SWL placement at the Ararat Village Early Learning Centre is so rewarding because you’ll get to see the children learn, develop and grow in your care. These developments will be as a direct effect of your hard work. Your day will be packed with surprises and bursting with new challenges. You will play such an important role in providing the building blocks for independent exploration. You will inspire their learning and support their development and will have such fun doing it. As educational professionals, the team at Ararat Village Early Learning Centre are inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach as it acts like a mirror for each person to reflect on their assumptions and on the image of the child, the teacher and the educational context. The educational philosophies mean every early childhood educator will honour the connections with families and children when joining Ararat Village Early Learning Centre. If you are motivated, enthusiastic and ready to share in the adventures of little people's lives, please talk to your careers teacher about how to apply for this opportunity.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills attained will include the following;
- Importance of teamwork
- Time management and punctuality
- Communication skills in the workplace
- Experience and familiarity with the general care and education of children.
- Exposure to care and education service activities in a professional environment
- Broader understanding of what an Educator's role involves on a day-to-day basis
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Assisting Teachers and Educators with planned activities and experiences, setting education learning spaces in both the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Engaging with children and parent/guardians as instructed by the Teacher in charge.
- Completing all related cleaning, setting up and packing away tasks as assigned by the Teacher and Educators.
Students are encouraged to consider a SWL placement to develop skills learned from their Industry and Enterprise subject or VET course in Community Services and/or Early Childhood Education and Care. The following requirements must be met;
- Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) requirements and have completed OH&S modules as part of their course or school subject.
- Students must adhere to strict Privacy and Confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Students are required to have a keen interest in Early Years Education and Care and/or Community Services.
- Students must be able to spend extended periods involved in play based learning and interact with children at a child's level.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions carefully and competently.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work with a team. This includes notifying the workplace supervisor and the careers teacher of any planned or unplanned absence. Please discuss extension of placement dates if there are nominal hours to be completed as part of the VET course.
- Students must be completing a related subject or have displayed an interest in Early Years Education and Care and/or Community Services.
- Students must display great initiative to complete tasks and follow Program Plans.
- Students must be cooperative and work as part of a small team.
- Students are to complete any applicable relevant course work and/or Workplace Learning Record entries as outlines in the SWL Arrangement.
- Personal mobile phones are not required and should only be used out of work hours or on meal breaks.
Students undertaking placement will be required to wear neat casual clothing as appropriate for an Early Years Education and Care Service- comfortable clothing and closed in toe and heel shoes. A hat will be required for all outdoor activity from the months of August through till April (SunSmart Policy applies).
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace.
If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form.
If transport is presenting a problem please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20120 - Certificate II in Workplace Skills
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- VCE0000001 - VCE (including VCE Vocational Major)
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise