Axess Glass Products Australia
Axess Glass Products Australia is a recognised market leader in Australia for the supply of specialised glass. With over a 100 years combined experience, customers are sure to get what they need from the company. From glass to knowledge, from an expert to a friend, you will leave Axess Glass fulfilled.
Glass production is one of the most rewarding, creatively fulfilling and constantly evolving industry. Whether you intend to become a professional, or just want a fun hobby, glass production will give two enthusiastic student so much back. If you are this type of student and you would like to work alongside an experienced and friendly manufacturing team this placement with Axess Glass is for you. Axess Glass is a company of consultants, designers, manufacturers and installers all working in tandem to create and manufacture spectacular works of art.
Skills You Might Learn
Working in the office you will develop skills in organisation, paying attention to detail, presentations, communication, time management, problem solving, customer service, using technology (including various programs including Microsoft Office suite).
Working in the factory floor you will develop skills in performing practical tasks related to the production of glass products, assisting in the smooth running of day to day operations in the manufacture of spectacular works of art, develop knowledge of different types of glass and how to work with these, develop skills in using machinery and hand tools with precision, and knowledge of safety procedures and health and safety regulations, You may also learn skills in handling chemicals.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Axess Glass Products Australia is offering the following two positions:
- The first position is working in the office. In this position the student will undertake general office work; assist with presentations in the showroom, filing, computer work and other tasks as directed by their supervisor.
- The second position is working in the factory floor, undertaking general factory work, including packing, assisting in manufacture, laminating glass and other tasks as directed by their supervisor.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Possess an enthusiastic can do 'attitude'
- Being reliable & hard working
- Being fit for lifting.
The student working in the office is required to dress suitably for an office environment, that is, smart casual.
The student working in the factory floor must wear protective clothing and safety footwear.
Special Transport Requirements
Axess Glass is located close to public transport. Use the Public Transport App to work out public transport options from your home. (PTV)
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CPC31912 - Certificate III in Joinery
- MEM20219 - Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology