Put your communication skills, computers skills and organisation skills to good use in in this business administration role!
This professional office environment will give you the chance to experience many aspects of business administration whilst making a contribution to the day-to-day operation and functions of the business.
Students will gain hands-on experience across all aspects of the business administration function of this local business. This placement will provide you with a range of opportunities to develop your skills while working alongside experienced industry professionals.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
During your placement, you may undertake the following:
- Learn processes for greeting clients, customers and visitors.
- Answering a phone, transferring calls and taking a message
- Fill out samples of forms ie: timesheet, leave forms and order forms
- Produce simple word processed documents and spreadsheets
- Take minutes of a meeting, type and distribute them to staff
- Learn business filing system
- Identify OH&S policies and procedures in the workplace.
- Make tea and coffee
- Clean and tidy work area.
1. Students will be required to get a police check underway. This will be paid by the employer. More details will be provided once this opportunity has been consumed on the SWL portal.
2. Students will need to be at least double vaccinated for Covid. They will also need to have a third vaccination asap, (if they haven't has their third already). This it is mandatory for the aged care industry. At least, a proof of booking of the third vaccination will be accepted.
3. Once this opportunity has been consumed on this portal, students will be sent some further paperwork to be completed by the employer.
Please contact employer for details relating to specific dress requirements prior to the placement commencement date.
Another good idea is to look at the people at the workplace during your interview – observe what they are wearing and use this as a guide for how you should dress when you attend your placement.
Special Transport Requirements
Student is to arrange own transport to and from the employer.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business
- BSB30120 - Certificate III in Business
- HLT37315 - Certificate III in Health Administration