This is a fantastic opportunity for a couple of students looking to gain exposure to assisting tradespeople in Civil & Commercial Landscape Concreting Construction. Since their establishment, the RMB Construct team works with private developers and government bodies to build public open spaces and streetscapes, primarily across the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne. Projects typically involve earthworks, construction of metal and timber structures, play equipment, furniture, paving, irrigation or drainage, advanced tree planting and garden beds. They have built a reputation for exceptional customer service and support. They have a fully equipped department that is responsible for undertaking civil and commercial landscape construction concreting.
Skills You Might Learn
The students will gain an understanding of working within the landscaping industry. The student can expect to attain skills in workplace safety, environmentally sustainable work practices, landscape construction, garden maintenance and recognition of plants, trees, soil types and pests
Typical Tasks & Duties
Student tasks will include assisting friendly tradespeople with:
- Preparation of crushed rock base for concrete and paving
- Drainage excavation and installation
- Advanced tree planting, garden bed planting & mulching
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects
- Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, and hand lifting/carrying
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Operate a variety of tools including chainsaws, jackhammers, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
RMB Construct is seeking students who are:
- Keen and display initiative
- Hold a valid and current White Card (or equivalent)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enjoy working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills and basic math skills
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Desire to embrace and use technology.
Work pants and steel capped boots. Ear and eye protection, warm jacket for cold days and hat and sunscreen for warmer months.
Special Transport Requirements
The student would be required to make their own way to the work site. Please refer to https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- AHC21616 - Certificate II in Landscaping