Collectors Corner - Garden World
Are you interested in retail, rare and unusual plants, bonsai, gem stones and a range of collectables ? Then this is the placement for you! Collectors corner is a retail plant nursery specialising in interesting and unusual plants. The majority of our plants for sale are grown by our own production nurseries including:
• Bromeliads & tillandsias
• Cacti & succulents
• Carnivorous plants
• Lucky bamboo
• Rhipsalis & other epiphytes
• Terrarium and indoor plants
However, Collectors Corner is not just a plant nursery but also a world famous destination renowned for its vast collections of rare and unusual gemstones & minerals, fossils, sea shells, meteorites, preserved insects and other fascinating collectibles. Our aim is to offer visitors a unique shopping experience. We also stock a range of other items such as salt lamps, jewelry, dinosaurs and educational toys, gift lines, general gardening supplies and much more.
Skills You Might Learn
• Identification and understanding of a wide range of products available for sale
• Understanding of stock movement and sales processes
• Understanding of good customer service skills
• Understanding of workplace operating conditions, policies and procedures
• Insights into the retail and horticultural industry and possible career paths
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will undertake customer service deal with customer queries and complaints, handling payments, stock replenishment, ordering stock, pricing and merchandising, cleaning and general house keeping, and other associated duties. Further information available upon application and interview.
• Applicants need to have good spoken language skills
• Pleasant & friendly demeanour
• Clean & tidy personal presentation – retail appropriate
Please note teacher requirements to apply for this position
• Physically fit, able to stand, push, pull, lift, bend and carry without issues
Please ensure all COVID requirements are met, as per placement industry and workplace requirements. ****APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL WITH COVER LETTER AND RESUME - employer likes students to practice work readiness skills so providing these is putting your skills to practice!
• Sturdy, comfortable closed – toed shoes
• Plain, retail appropriate clothing
Special Transport Requirements
• Location is Braeside.
• Bus routes with stops nearby include: 709, 902.
• Own transport is best. Limited public transport is available.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AHC20416 - Certificate II in Horticulture
- AHC30616 - Certificate III in Production Horticulture
- AHC30620 - Certificate III in Production Horticulture
- AHC30716 - Certificate III in Horticulture